CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
Call for abstracts
Sankofa Collaborative Proudly Seeks To Promote Innovative Strategies To Women Centered Approaches Through The Solicitations Of Poster Presentations.
Abstract submission site opens: July 31, 2017
Abstract submission site closes: September 15, 2017
Abstract notification sent: September 25, 2017
Deadline for presenting author to register: October 5, 2017
All PRESENTATIONS must align with the programmatic tracks which are as follows:
Ø Community/Mental Health
Ø Public Policy
- Abstract titles are limited to 150 characters, including spaces.
- Titles should be entered in Title Case. Title case has a capital letter for the start of every significant word – where words such as “and”, “of”, “the” and “a” are not counted as significant.
- Do not enter information in all capital letters. Use capital letters only where necessary.
- Abstract formatting for the conference materials is limited to font adjustments, formatting and typos. Conference organizers will do this electronically.
- Section headers (Background, Methods, Results, and Conclusions) will be added automatically through the submission software. Omit these titles from your abstract when submitting.
- The abstract text is limited to 2000 characters, including spaces. Characters exceeding the 2000-character limit will be removed from the submission.
- Co-Authors will be limited to 10.
Acceptance of Abstract
Compliance with all stated conditions including adherence to the deadline is required. Acknowledgement of receipt of completed abstracts will be sent via email upon submission.
The Sanfoka Collaborative program organizing committee reserves the right to determine acceptance of an abstract and the right to determine the presentation form. The conference secretariat will notify regular submission authors of acceptance and form of presentation on September 25 2017
Individuals submitting abstracts agree that if their abstract is accepted, they will attend the Paradigm Shift conference and present their abstract as scheduled. Presenting authors must register no later than October 5, 2017. Unregistered presenters after this date will be removed from the conference proceedings.
The presenting author should be prepared to answer substantive questions about all aspects of the data. If a change in the presenters’ ability to participate occurs, the presenter is asked to contact the conference secretariat immediately at email@example.com
Abstracts will be scored based on the following scale:
- 1 - Recommend for poster presentation
- 2 - Potential poster presentation (wait-listed)
- 3 - Rejection
Abstract Selection Process
Submitted abstracts are assigned for peer review by the conference organizers and are reviewed by members of the Program Organizing Committee and other external reviewers. To minimize subjectivity in the scoring process, any reviewer with a conflict of interest (as defined by NIH rules, e.g., co-authorship, financial interest, or scientific/personal conflict with the authors that could affect objectivity of scoring) is excluded from scoring or discussing the abstract in question. In the final rankings, mean score and standard deviation are calculated, and the reviewers' scores will be anonymous. Abstract acceptance is based upon abstract quality, the potential significance of the observations, and the rigor with which the scientific methods were applied. Further, the program organizing committee considers thematic balance in determining abstract assignments.
Accepted abstracts will be included in the Paradigm Shift Conference electronic and printed conference materials and as an open access online supplement on the Paradigm Shift Conference website. The supplement publication will be made available online at the conclusion of the conference.
By submitting an abstract, authors and co-authors transfer any copyrights and grant permission to Paradigm Shift Conference to publish the abstract(s) as noted above.
General Inquiries Please Email: firstname.lastname@example.org